After spending the day studying without eating much, I finally decided I couldn’t stand hearing my stomach growl another second longer and told my study group that I needed to go home and eat. Once I got home, all I wanted to do was cook, cook, and cook some more. My brain finally got some rest and it was therapeutic.
Here’s what’s on the dinner menu tonight at Benji’s:
- Asian Eggplant cooked with Sweet Basil, Soy Sauce, Scallion, and Garlic – a classic Taiwanese dish.
- Egg cooked with Tomato and Scallion – another classic home-cookin’ dish, just like how mama makes it!
- Yu Choy cooked in Garlic
- Lotus Root cooked in Sesame Oil
- Fresh Tofu with Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil, and Furikake
- Sushi with Seared Aki Tuna and Takuan
- Steamed White Rice, short-grain – just the way rice should be!