Guide to Caribbean Medical Schools
Here I have compiled a list of blog entries and links pertaining to studying medicine in the Caribbean. Whether you are an applicant, recent matriculant, or simply interested, these entries may be useful places to start!
About Caribbean Medical Schools
- Why the Caribbean?
- Medical School Timeline
- How are Caribbean Med Schools Accredited?
- Overview of Each Caribbean Medical School
- Caribbean Medical School Rankings
Caribbean Medical Schools Profiles:
- American University of Antigua (AUA) School of Medicine
- American University of the Caribbean (AUC) School of Medicine
- Medical University of the Americas (MUA) School of Medicine
- Ross University School of Medicine
- Saba University School of Medicine
- St. George’s University (SGU) School of Medicine
Before Coming to the Caribbean for Medical School
- What to Pack
- Maintaining a Long Distance Relationship in Med School
- iPad Apps for Med School
- Things to Accept Before Coming
What to Expect
- Study Tips for First Semester
- Is Med School Really That Hard?
- Should I Study Before Starting Med School?
- Blogs of Other Caribbean Med Students
USMLE and Clinicals
- What is the USMLE?
- Preparing for Step I
- What Step 1 Score Do I Need For My Specialty?
- iPhone Apps for Clinical Rotations
- Books for Clinical Rotations
- Do’s and Don’ts of Clinical Rotations
- How to Pre-round, Write SOAP Notes, etc.
- Things to Learn When Starting Clinical Rotations
- How to get Letters of Recommendation
- Preparing for Step 2 CS
- Preparing for Step 2 CK
Residency Interview and Match
- How to Apply for Residency
- How to Improve your MSPE Letter
- Most IMG-Friendly States
- How to Prepare for Residency Application Season
- How Many Residency Programs to Apply to?
- Questions Asked During a Residency Interview
- Dos and Don’ts of Residency Application and Interview
- How to Dress for a Residency Interview
- Following Up After a Residency Interview
- Tips on Ranking Residency Programs
Residency and Beyond
- Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- American Medical Association (AMA) – Links to state medical boards
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) – Licensing requirements by state
- FREIDA Residency Program Search
- Match A Resident
- MD Salaries
- National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
- Scutwork: Residency Program Reviews
Join the Discussion!