Last night was a beautiful night, and I just couldn’t pass it up for studying in an enclosed room. A nice place to study I discovered are the study rooms on the topmost floor of the dorms, right on the roof. Hardly anyone’s there, and they have plenty of desk space, dry erase boards, internet access, air conditioners (which make the rooms more like freezers), and bathrooms. And of course, they got the nice access to the outside view of the October night which I’m about to share with you now.
My name is Benji Ho and I am a family physician and 2013 graduate of the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC), located on the Dutch side of the beautiful island of St. Maarten. My time at AUC has been quite a worldwide adventure, studying two years of Basic Sciences on the island, then completing my clinical rotations in the US as well as the UK. I completed my family medicine residency at Mercer University School of Medicine / Navicent Health in Macon, Georgia. Today, I am a board-certified family physician practicing outpatient family medicine in Macon, Georgia. I hope you enjoy my site as I share with you my journey. Thanks for visiting Diary of a Caribbean Med Student! more about me...
Join the Discussion!
- 2013: Which States Are Most IMG-Friendly? 68.4k views | 42 comments | posted on February 13, 2014
- Affordably Fun Things To Do in St. Maarten 60.3k views | 134 comments | posted on May 10, 2010
- The Accreditation Process of Caribbean Medical Schools 56k views | 206 comments | posted on September 1, 2009
- Following Up after a Residency Interview 53.2k views | 4 comments | posted on March 5, 2014
- Things to Ask a Diabetic Patient 49.4k views | 3 comments | posted on November 19, 2012
- How Many Residency Programs Should I Apply to? 42.4k views | 11 comments | posted on March 1, 2014
- Questions to Ask and Be Asked on Residency Interviews 29.9k views | 3 comments | posted on March 3, 2014