After the Wellness Workshop, some friends and I went to go explore Cupecoy Beach, less than 10 minutes walk from campus. When we got there, we saw some nude (European) sunbathers on the beach, so we took pictures of the rocky coastline instead! A lot of times I prefer places like this over beaches. A beach isn’t intellectual. The cliffs, however, is a nice secluded place to go to enjoy the waves beating against the rough volcanic terrain, and pick up a snail or two, while discussing the state of health care delivery in the world today with colleagues. I’m going to love med school in the Caribbean!
My name is Benji Ho and I am a family physician and 2013 graduate of the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC), located on the Dutch side of the beautiful island of St. Maarten. My time at AUC has been quite a worldwide adventure, studying two years of Basic Sciences on the island, then completing my clinical rotations in the US as well as the UK. I completed my family medicine residency at Mercer University School of Medicine / Navicent Health in Macon, Georgia. Today, I am a board-certified family physician practicing outpatient family medicine in Macon, Georgia. I hope you enjoy my site as I share with you my journey. Thanks for visiting Diary of a Caribbean Med Student! more about me...
Join the Discussion!
- 2013: Which States Are Most IMG-Friendly? 68.4k views | 42 comments | posted on February 13, 2014
- Affordably Fun Things To Do in St. Maarten 60.3k views | 134 comments | posted on May 10, 2010
- The Accreditation Process of Caribbean Medical Schools 56k views | 206 comments | posted on September 1, 2009
- Following Up after a Residency Interview 53.2k views | 4 comments | posted on March 5, 2014
- Things to Ask a Diabetic Patient 49.4k views | 3 comments | posted on November 19, 2012
- How Many Residency Programs Should I Apply to? 42.4k views | 11 comments | posted on March 1, 2014
- Questions to Ask and Be Asked on Residency Interviews 29.9k views | 3 comments | posted on March 3, 2014