On my last night in Athens, my friends Roberto and Stefy and I had a nice evening picnic on Herty Field in the historic North Campus, complete with home-made sandwiches and wine. Afterwards, we toured the Founder’s Garden, Latin American Garden, and discovered other beautiful places that we had overlooked during our semesters at UGA. Of course, we rang the infamous bell, which anyone at UGA should ring before graduating, and we walked under The Arch. I love north campus. I realized that all too often we let beauty pass by when we are busy. Little did we realize until now that beauty was all around us. In medical school, I know there will be times when I feel stressed during my studies, but I shall not forget to pause and step back and realize the beauty of where I am and the wonder of what I am learning. I shall not forget the inspiration of my mission and the strength of my struggle to achieve it. What a great way to conclude this step in my journey, or shall I say the beginning of the next?
My name is Benji Ho and I am a family physician and 2013 graduate of the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC), located on the Dutch side of the beautiful island of St. Maarten. My time at AUC has been quite a worldwide adventure, studying two years of Basic Sciences on the island, then completing my clinical rotations in the US as well as the UK. I completed my family medicine residency at Mercer University School of Medicine / Navicent Health in Macon, Georgia. Today, I am a board-certified family physician practicing outpatient family medicine in Macon, Georgia. I hope you enjoy my site as I share with you my journey. Thanks for visiting Diary of a Caribbean Med Student! more about me...
Join the Discussion!
- 2013: Which States Are Most IMG-Friendly? 68.7k views | 42 comments | posted on February 13, 2014
- Affordably Fun Things To Do in St. Maarten 60.6k views | 134 comments | posted on May 10, 2010
- The Accreditation Process of Caribbean Medical Schools 56.3k views | 206 comments | posted on September 1, 2009
- Following Up after a Residency Interview 53.4k views | 4 comments | posted on March 5, 2014
- Things to Ask a Diabetic Patient 50.9k views | 3 comments | posted on November 19, 2012
- How Many Residency Programs Should I Apply to? 42.5k views | 11 comments | posted on March 1, 2014
- Questions to Ask and Be Asked on Residency Interviews 30.6k views | 3 comments | posted on March 3, 2014