My father had always been afraid of flying and so throughout our childhood, my brothers and I never had the chance to ride on an airplane. I took my first plane ride to Costa Rica only when I was in 11th grade. Because of my particular upbringing, I now feel that each time I fly, I have tasted the forbidden fruit. I become engrossed in the experience, from the moment the plane takes on speed, to the first feeling of liftoff, then the amazing world above the clouds. I don’t understand why there are those who take window seats, and then shut the windows when the sky is beautiful. I hadn’t slept much the night before, but during all four hours of the trip from Atlanta to SXM my eyes kept wide open, my nose grease collecting on the airplane window, as the beautiful world passes by below me. I had always been a geography geek, and as our plane headed over the Bahamas, I was tormenting myself on why I hadn’t brought my world atlas in my carry-on to ID the islands as we passed by them. But nevertheless, I later looked them up on Google Earth, and here are some pics from my flight!
My name is Benji Ho and I am a family physician and 2013 graduate of the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC), located on the Dutch side of the beautiful island of St. Maarten. My time at AUC has been quite a worldwide adventure, studying two years of Basic Sciences on the island, then completing my clinical rotations in the US as well as the UK. I completed my family medicine residency at Mercer University School of Medicine / Navicent Health in Macon, Georgia. Today, I am a board-certified family physician practicing outpatient family medicine in Macon, Georgia. I hope you enjoy my site as I share with you my journey. Thanks for visiting Diary of a Caribbean Med Student! more about me...
Join the Discussion!
- 2013: Which States Are Most IMG-Friendly? 68.7k views | 42 comments | posted on February 13, 2014
- Affordably Fun Things To Do in St. Maarten 60.6k views | 134 comments | posted on May 10, 2010
- The Accreditation Process of Caribbean Medical Schools 56.3k views | 206 comments | posted on September 1, 2009
- Following Up after a Residency Interview 53.4k views | 4 comments | posted on March 5, 2014
- Things to Ask a Diabetic Patient 50.9k views | 3 comments | posted on November 19, 2012
- How Many Residency Programs Should I Apply to? 42.5k views | 11 comments | posted on March 1, 2014
- Questions to Ask and Be Asked on Residency Interviews 30.6k views | 3 comments | posted on March 3, 2014