My name is Benji Ho and I am a family physician and 2013 graduate of the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC), located on the Dutch side of the beautiful island of St. Maarten. My time at AUC has been quite a worldwide adventure, studying two years of Basic Sciences on the island, then completing my clinical rotations in the US as well as the UK. I completed my family medicine residency at Mercer University School of Medicine / Navicent Health in Macon, Georgia. Today, I am a board-certified family physician practicing outpatient family medicine in Macon, Georgia. I hope you enjoy my site as I share with you my journey. Thanks for visiting Diary of a Caribbean Med Student! more about me...
Join the Discussion!
- Nison on Beginning of the End
- Asia on Things to Ask a Diabetic Patient
- KALYANRAMA K on Med School Timeline
- James on Caribbean Medical School Rankings
- WAEL Higazy on Caribbean Medical School Rankings
- 2013: Which States Are Most IMG-Friendly? 68.1k views | 42 comments | posted on February 13, 2014
- Affordably Fun Things To Do in St. Maarten 59.8k views | 134 comments | posted on May 10, 2010
- The Accreditation Process of Caribbean Medical Schools 55.7k views | 206 comments | posted on September 1, 2009
- Following Up after a Residency Interview 53k views | 4 comments | posted on March 5, 2014
- Things to Ask a Diabetic Patient 48k views | 3 comments | posted on November 19, 2012
- How Many Residency Programs Should I Apply to? 41.9k views | 11 comments | posted on March 1, 2014
- Questions to Ask and Be Asked on Residency Interviews 29.6k views | 3 comments | posted on March 3, 2014
2 thoughts on “Hello from Benji, Irene, and Michael!”
Hi there Benji,
Firstly, thank you so much for documenting your entire life as a med student at AUC. Many have said it, and I’ll be another: your blog has given me comfort and security knowing that I am making the right decision attending AUC this May. I’ll be perusing every post of yours from now until my flight, so thank you again for giving me and so many other future students an inside-look into this school and the island!
P.S. We have the exact same computer. Not joking. Sony VAIO VGN-FW373J. Eerie 😉
Thank you Nahim for reading my blog and I am so glad that it has helped you in coming to medical school. Congratulations on your acceptance to AUC! I just matched into my first choice residency, and so I thank AUC for this opportunity and the training I needed to do this. I’m pretty happy with my Sony Vaio… this one has lasted me for at least 6 years and it’s still strong and in one piece, and I still use it. Too bad Sony will stop producing them and get out of the PC market soon.
All the best!