Earlier yesterday, I received a call from Mr. S of AUC offering any advice or help on any last minute questions I may have had before I head down to the island. I hadn’t had any in particular, so I made one up on the spot. I’d like to commend AUC for having such great communication with matriculants. During these past two months, they guided me all the way, and kept in touch. Three different representatives have called me to ask if I needed any help. Even more have e-mailed me. My admissions advisor Julie was also very very friendly and kept constant contact with me. She even hand-wrote me a personalized card to introduce herself, and gave me an “e-high five” (as she called it) when I was her first place winner for having all the necessary documentation submitted for September 2009. She answered my emails fast, one time within less than 5 minutes! She said she’ll be on the island during orientation to help out, and I think it would be really cool to meet her in person. AUC also assigned me an orientation advisor, and I think there’s only one other matriculant assigned to him. So far I don’t have any major questions for him, so I also made one up on the spot. I hope now that they have won me over, they will continue being as incredibly accessible as they have been. The only complaint I have is that I wish they sent me a customer satisfaction survey so I can rate them 10/10!
My name is Benji Ho and I am a family physician and 2013 graduate of the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC), located on the Dutch side of the beautiful island of St. Maarten. My time at AUC has been quite a worldwide adventure, studying two years of Basic Sciences on the island, then completing my clinical rotations in the US as well as the UK. I completed my family medicine residency at Mercer University School of Medicine / Navicent Health in Macon, Georgia. Today, I am a board-certified family physician practicing outpatient family medicine in Macon, Georgia. I hope you enjoy my site as I share with you my journey. Thanks for visiting Diary of a Caribbean Med Student! more about me...
Join the Discussion!
- 2013: Which States Are Most IMG-Friendly? 68.7k views | 42 comments | posted on February 13, 2014
- Affordably Fun Things To Do in St. Maarten 60.6k views | 134 comments | posted on May 10, 2010
- The Accreditation Process of Caribbean Medical Schools 56.3k views | 206 comments | posted on September 1, 2009
- Following Up after a Residency Interview 53.4k views | 4 comments | posted on March 5, 2014
- Things to Ask a Diabetic Patient 51k views | 3 comments | posted on November 19, 2012
- How Many Residency Programs Should I Apply to? 42.5k views | 11 comments | posted on March 1, 2014
- Questions to Ask and Be Asked on Residency Interviews 30.6k views | 3 comments | posted on March 3, 2014